Friday, April 23, 2010

Where Jesus Is (#209 of 365+)

“We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was and who is to come” (Revelation 11:17 NKJV)

He was…

For years I’ve thought about taking a trip to Israel. I’ve heard countless testimonies about how inspiring biblical tours can be. Imagine walking in the same places where the Lord’s sandals touched the earth!

He is to come…
Sometimes when a news item resembles an event from the book of Revelation (earthquakes, epidemics, persecution of Christians, financial collapse, etc) I look towards the eastern sky and wonder about his imminent return.

He is
Joni said: “Notice the order of Revelation 11:17… Living in the present reality of Christ breathing life and vitality into our souls is matchless; by his spirit alive within you right now, Jesus is. Your past and the future can’t compare with the power of his immediate presence.”

“God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27)

Dear Lord, thank you for making me alive when I was still dead in sin. Help me not to look backward or forward so much when I can embrace the moment and the power of your presence. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna