Saturday, April 10, 2010

Walking through Walls (#196 of 365+)

“Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, ‘Peace be with you!’” (John 20:26)

I think it was four days after the crucifixion. The disciples had
gathered together and locked the door for fear of the authorities. Jesus suddenly appeared in their midst, having walked through walls and a bolted door, and showed them he was alive. But since Thomas wasn’t with them that day he doubted the story. One week later Jesus reappeared in the same room, which was once again locked up tight, and commanded Thomas to touch his nail-scarred hands and the wound in his side, and believe.

“Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” (1 Corinthians 15:55)

There isn’t a wall or a deadbolt that can stop my Lord Jesus. The grave, even Death itself, couldn’t keep him away. So, believing in the resurrection as I do, why do I at times still behave like the disciples did before they believed? How could I allow myself to get discouraged or become fearful when there is nothing impossible for my God?

Joni said, “When we face a wall… God wants us to walk through that wall.” What are the intimidating obstacles in my life today? I need to remember Who is with me and have the faith to keep moving forward.

Lord, thank you for speaking directly to the needs of my heart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna