Friday, April 9, 2010

The Night He Was Betrayed (#195 of 365+)

“Strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered” (Zechariah 13:7)

After the Passover meal Judas left to take care of business. Jesus
and the rest sang a hymn first before leaving as well. Joni, describing their last journey to the garden of Gethsemane, said they walked “through a city gate, down the steep ravine, and up into the hill of olive trees—eleven lambs and a Shepherd in the night.”

Later when the soldiers arrived all his disciples fled but Jesus allowed himself to be “led like a lamb to the slaughter” (Isaiah 53:7).

May I never forget how the perfect Lamb of God willingly offered himself as the complete once-for-all sacrifice for the world’s sin before I had even committed my first act of selfishness…

Lord, I love you. Thank you for paying my penalty, setting me free, and for giving me eternal life. I want to honor the sacrifice you made. Help me to live worthy of being called a “Christian” today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna