Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Inadequacies (#186 of 365+)

I really needed this message today. Just last night I discovered a wonderful job opportunity with a non-profit organization. My husband told me they would love to hire someone with my
combination of college degree and on-the-job experience. However I didn’t feel I had enough to offer them. I forgot there’s so much more to me than just my skill set...

“Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life” (2 Corinthians 3:5-6)

Joni admitted even though she is a well-known Christian speaker and author she often feels inadequate. Compared to other speakers and authors who have earned doctorate degrees she thinks her abilities pale in comparison. Then the Holy Spirit reminds her he is her competence. All those years of being a quadriplegic in a wheelchair, relying on God as her “source of all authority and ability”, has made her a more-than-adequate minister of the good news.

“For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him to serve you” (2 Corinthians 13:4)

Lord, keep me humble with these feelings of inadequacy. I want to rely on your strength and power because, without you, even with all the knowledge and experience in the world I would have nothing of true worth to offer any non-profit organization or ministry. Thank you that no matter where I am I still have the awesome privilege of doing kingdom work every single day of my life. May I always remember that! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna