Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Passion of the Christ (#187 of 365+)

“He is before all things, and in him all things hold together” (Colossians 1:17)

It’s amazing that the One who holds molecules together and
grants our every breath was sustaining the lives of the very people who were torturing and killing him. Think on that for a moment…

Jesus was the One who Isaiah prophesied about when he said, “I gave My back to those who strike Me, and My cheeks to those who pluck out the beard; I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting” (Isaiah 50:6 NASB). His face was beaten until it was a bloody and unrecognizable mess. Joni pointed out this was the same face Moses had longed to see (Exodus 22:18-20).

His executioners drove nails through hands that had fed multitudes, raised a little girl back to life, and gave a leper the feeling of a human touch for the first time in years. They were the same hands that had lovingly formed all of them in their mothers’ wombs. The same hands that, after his resurrection, gave away his identity to a couple of disciples on the road to Emmaus. They couldn’t recognize his facial features anymore...

Joni said, “Consider so great a Savior who would submit himself to such torture… for your salvation.”

Holy Lord, you are worthy of the highest praise and all worship. You’re always faithful; you genuinely care about my every need; you grant every blessing and breath. May I never forget that you are my everything and without you I have nothing. Thank you for being my awesome Savior. What a great feeling of peace to know my eternal life is in your hands! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna