Tuesday, January 12, 2010

White-Water Rafting (#108 of 365+)

I was so excited to read how Joni’s cousin Eddie took her canoeing soon after she became a quadriplegic. He sat her in a make-shift seat at the front of the canoe. When they hit white
water she became frightened but her Eagle Scout cousin had everything under control. He knew how to move with the water and reap the rewards. Looking back now on that wild experience Joni says, “I had the ride of my life”.

“I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east. His voice was like the roar of rushing waters, and the land was radiant with his glory” (Ezekiel 43:2)

“His voice was like the sound of rushing waters” (Revelation 1:15)

A relationship with God can be as thrilling as white-water rafting! Joni quoted Pastor David Swartz: “God resonates throughout his being with a fiery love. All those who long to embrace God should expect boulders and white water. Sometimes God is better found in turbulence than in security; calm may be a stagnant backwater for the faithless. Others may hold back, stick a toe in the water, or splash around to test the temperature. But let us plunge into God’s love and be swept away in life abundant and eternal”.

Lord, may I calmly rest in you when you take me through the scary storms and waves of life. Teach me to move along with your current and enjoy the awesome ride! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna