Monday, September 28, 2009

Prepare to Meet Your God (#2 of 365+)

I had a vivid dream last night. It ended with me being nestled deep within the warmth of Daddy's arms. Never before had I felt such strength, pure love, and acceptance. Tears flowed down
my face and I cried like a little girl. I didn't want the moment to ever end...

My earthly father died in March 2004 and he was never like the father in that dream. The feelings I had around him were sometimes more like fear, dread, and rejection. Even so, I remember when I was about eight years old Daddy had to work long hours and my heart ached so much because I wanted to spend time with him. Funny how little girls need their fathers.

The devotional lesson today reminded me that there will be a day when God will call the past to account. But, because of the blood of Jesus Christ, believers will experience great joy instead of terrible judgment. As Joni said, "Your hardships, like nothing else, are preparing you to meet your God. Your suffering is getting you ready -- for what proof could you bring of your love of Jesus if this life left you totally unscarred?"

Heavenly Father, I love you. Thank you for the blood of Jesus to cover my sins and for the power of the Holy Spirit so I can live a right life. Help me to think and act like a beloved Daughter of the King today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna