Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The God of Hope (#4 of 365+)

I attended a fundraising dinner last night with over 300 other believers. The worthy cause was a local pregnancy help center that serves women who may be facing an unexpected pregancy.
With a staff of trained volunteers, this center offers free pregnancy tests and seeks to inform, educate, and counsel both women and men about abortion alternatives, sexual health, abstinence, parenting etc. As their website states: "Our desire is not to tell you what to do, but to help you get past the anxiety and find resources to create positive solutions. We can give you the hope and support you need right now. Our client advocates truly care about you, and have reliable information to help you make an informed decision about your future."

It is amazing how different someone's choice or decision for today can be when she or he is given hope for the future.

As Joni said in today's devotional, "Hope happens when we gently point people to Jesus, whether through a few encouraging words, a Scripture in a note card, or just spending an hour on the phone together. Today, nudge people toward 'the Blessed Hope,' the Lord Jesus."

Lord, thank you for having a purpose for my life even before I was born. Whenever problems or difficult situations arise in my life, help me to always remember that they are only for a season. Open my eyes to the needs of others around me and give me a chance today to tell someone about the hope that can be found in you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna