Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Little Girl’s Gift (#354 of 365+)

“A gift opens the way for the giver and ushers him into the presence of the great” (Proverbs 18:16)

What I learned from today’s devotional was that I shouldn’t reject someone’s
generosity or kindness because I’m not in need of anyone’s charity. If I only humble myself and graciously accept the gift from a sincere heart… it could open the door to a conversation about the Lord.

Jesus Christ once said something I try to tell myself every day: “He must become greater; I must become less” (John 3:30). Since we’re now in football season, I think it is only fitting to quote another translation of the same verse…

“This is the assigned moment for him to move into the center, while I slip off to the sidelines” (John 3:30 MSG)

Lord, help me! Decrease my inflated sense of self today and help me to see that it’s really all about you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna