Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Wall Won’t Hurt You (#292 of 365+)

“With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall” (Psalm 18:29)

Joni described how Corie, a girl with Down Syndrome, is one fearless rock
climber. She will go ahead of first-time climbers to set an example for them and then reassures the nervous ones by saying that it will be “okay” because “the wall won’t hurt you.”

What walls in my life am I staring at? What obstacles have left me speechless and afraid?

“I can do everything through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13)

Lord, with you I can conquer any problem that stops me in my tracks. Help me keep a positive, realistic point of view. As I look up at those towering walls may I also see how your hand is stretched out towards me to help lift me over. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna