Friday, July 16, 2010

No Tear Wasted (#293 of 365+)

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven… a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance” (Ecclesiastes 3:1, 4)


For a little while last night I was lying in bed and crying my heart out to the Lord. I tried to be quiet so no one would hear my sobs. If I woke anyone I’d have to stop what I was doing, explain that everything was alright and I was having a private time of prayer, and coax them to go back to sleep.

Life will always be full of both laughter and tears but the Bible says one day there will be no more sadness. Imagine that! Every day will be a continuous celebration of our Lord’s goodness.

“He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away” (Revelation 21:4)

Yes, the Lord notices every one of my silent tears and stifled sobs. He doesn’t ignore me. He doesn’t tell me to stop crying. He doesn’t criticize my tears even if sometimes I’m crying only because I’m being selfish. He doesn’t point out that he endured way more than I have. No, although he would be well within his right as my Lord to do any of those things—he simply doesn’t.

David, a man who knew God’s tender and compassionate heart (1 Samuel 13:14) said, “Put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?” (Psalm 56:8 KJV). He understood that God keeps a record of our tears… The Lord has a tender, compassionate heart towards those who are his own. When he sets everything back to right he will wipe away the tear streaks on my face with those nail-scarred hands of his. Maybe then I’ll finally understand that he truly loves me.

Lord, thank you that pain and suffering only serve to make my faith stronger. Comfort me as only you can, and be glorified as you wipe away every tear. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna