Sunday, July 4, 2010

Is It Coincidence… or God? (#281 of 365+)

“In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise
of his glory” (Ephesians 1:11-12)

Today Joni reminded me that God will manage an elaborate sequence of events just so one soul will have an opportunity to accept Christ. Whether it’s rain on the Fourth of July, or some other “divine coincidence,” the Lord is always working everything out for his higher purposes. I must remember that I could never fathom what’s on his To Do List or the love in his heart towards mankind. Even if things don’t go my way today or this week I can accept and even rejoice in the knowledge that my God is going to get his way—come rain or come shine.

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:9)

Lord, you are the ruler of all and subject to none! May I trust in your perfect plan and submit my will to yours every day. Thank you for noticing the tiniest details of my life and caring about what’s best for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna