Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What God Wants (#221 of 365+)

True to form, God suddenly showed up yesterday and caught me off guard. I kind of expected him to do something because the devotional was about looking for the Lord to show himself in
fresh new ways. But I had no clue he was about to surprise us with something big. Late in the afternoon my husband called and said another company had offered him a great job. He hadn’t exactly updated his résumé lately or searched the job postings but Someone was still opening doors and rolling out red carpet. The offer is much better than what we could have expected in this economy, it’s with a reputable company, and the timing is perfect. The more I think about it the more I realize the Lord has been working on this move for a long time.

Sure, my husband deserves some credit too. He did great work and someone eventually noticed. However I can’t overlook the Lord’s contribution. His fingerprints are all over these plans. I wonder: As we were on his mind, how often was he on ours?

“Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things” (Colossians 3:2)

The stuff of earth
competes for the
allegiance
I owe only
to the Giver
of all good things
~Rich Mullins

Father God, thank you for leaving beautiful hints of your love and grace for me to discover every day. You always touch my heart in the most profound ways. May I be faithful in sharing the good news of your grace with others who haven’t heard yet. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna