Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hints of Heaven (#239 of 365+)

“You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand” (Psalm 16:11)


Hugging my two dogs and petting their soft fur. Eating a Chocolate Passion cupcake from Cinnabon. Laughing and learning some Wii Fit exercise programs with my husband. Just a few of the wonderful moments of my life that I experienced yesterday.

Joni said some of her recent wonderful moments were a “beautiful sunset,… [a] breathtaking symphony, [and the] exhilarating taste of salt air at the ocean.” But the pleasures of this world are mere “hints of heaven.” God has sent the appetizers ahead of the main course. Wait 'til we get a load of what he has in store for us!
“The faint, far-off results of those energies which God’s creative rapture implanted in matter when He made the worlds are what we now call physical pleasures; and even thus filtered, they are too much for our present management. What would it be to taste at the fountainhead that stream of which even these lower reaches prove so intoxicating? Yet that, I believe, is what lies before us. The whole man is to drink joy from the fountain of joy. In the light of our depraved appetites we cannot imagine this.” (C. S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory)
Lord, thank you for sprinkling my life here on earth with wonderful glimpses of heaven. May I not miss a single one. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna