Sunday, February 14, 2010

Get Tough on Technology (#141 of 365+)

“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus” (Romans 15:5)


Today Joni challenged Christians to strengthen their relationships with others Christians by taking a personal approach. Instead of texting, sending an email, or instant messaging, she suggested taking the time to send a handwritten note (or Valentine’s Day card). Or, even better, offer a little encouragement by “getting up” and “going over” to talk to them face-to-face. It will bless their hearts.

My husband and I are so immersed in technology all week it’s refreshing we get to spend quality personal time with each other today. I enjoyed hanging out with him so much that I didn’t look at today's devotional or turn on my netbook until after 3:00 p.m. (and I would have put it off longer if he wasn’t busy firing up the grill for our supper). Joni was right. Technology simply can't replace the effect personal contact has on the human soul.

Lord, thank you for the blessings that come from relationships. Help me find ways to devote more time to the people I love in the coming weeks. May I also notice when I need to provide someone with a more personal touch. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna