Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Heart Exam (#101 of 365+)

“If you have run with footmen and they have tired you out, then how can you compete with horses? If you fall down in a land of peace, how will you do in the thicket of the Jordan? (Jeremiah
12:5 NASB)

God tested the Israelites when they were in the desert, to show them what was in their hearts. When he allows disappointments and setbacks in my life, sometimes it is meant to give me insight about what is going on in my own heart. To reveal what I truly believe about God. Do I really trust him, or do I just think I do?

Lord, you know how long my to-do list is today. There are so many requirements of my time but not enough hours in the day to meet the needs of both my family and my employer. I don’t know how I can accomplish everything without letting someone down. In addition, I’m feeling very emotional and vulnerable today. Please help me to be strong and to remember what’s important to you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna