Friday, January 1, 2010

An Eternity of Discovery (#97 of 365+)

It’s anno domini (A.D.) or “in the year of our Lord” 2010! Who could have ever imagined before or during the life of Christ that one day scholars would implement a B.C./A.D. dating system
hinged on the birth, death, and resurrection of one man? Not just any man, though. He was both fully man and fully God! God in the flesh. One of the three persons in the Trinity. He was present in eternity past and was involved in creating everything that came into existence. He was the Creator of Adam and Eve, and he became one of us in order to save us. Wow! That truly boggles my mind...

The apostle Paul quoted the words Isaiah wrote during Old Testament times: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him” (1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJV). And then he completed the thought by bringing it up to date with New Testament thinking, “But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit” (v.10) and “we have the mind of Christ” (v.16).

I’m excited about what God has in store for my family and our church in the coming months. As Joni said, “It’s a new year, a time for the adventure of discovery”. She encouraged her readers to “Commit to entering this New Year fully alive with all your senses engaged! You are about to learn and explore God’s perfect plan for you for the next 365 days”.

Lord, I don’t want to rely on my eyes, ears, and emotions more than I rely on your Holy Spirit! Protect me with the shield of faith. May I maintain this sense of adventure and positive outlook as I continue to begin every day with you. Fill my heart with love and make me useful for your kingdom purposes. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna