Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Warm Spot (#52 of 365+)

The weather is getting colder now that we’re approaching winter. This morning it’s only 31°F. When I let the doggies out, they were very quick to do their business before they ran back inside.


I love cold weather, and snow! We don’t get very much of it here where I live. I wouldn’t mind having to wear a thick coat with a scarf, mittens, and boots all day long. And when I’d get home at the end of the day and shed all that winter wear I’d still keep on my thick fluffy socks. Fix hot cups of cocoa and sit by the fire with the doggies, my husband, and our son… That’s my idea of winter wonderfulness.

Oh wait, we don’t have a fireplace. At least not yet. But that doesn’t change the fact that getting warmed up on a cold day is an experience that I truly enjoy.

Joni finds a moment on cold mornings to sit in her bedroom bay window seat, look out over a beautiful view of God’s creation, and sing a hymn of praise. She calls this her “warm spot”. As she says, “Safeguarding a quiet moment, admiring God’s creation, and giving God pleasure each morning with our song—it’s something that warms not only the body, but the soul.”

“I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble” (Psalm 59:16)

Although time has flown by and I need to get ready for work right now, when I get in my car I’m going to turn the seat heater on high and sing all the way to the office. That should get me warmed up for the day ahead!

Lord, I enjoy basking in your presence. Thank you for being my warm spot on cold days and every day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna