Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Shiny, Sharp Tool (#19 of 365+)

The shiny, sharp tool Joni is talking about in today’s devotional lesson is the devil’s favorite tool, the one he uses often. Discouragement.


I’m nearing one full month of doing these devotionals every day. I thought it would be more difficult than it has been to develop this new habit. However I must admit that I’m starting to wake up later and later every day. This is a problem because I can’t be late for work. I don’t want to be in a position to choose between my devotional time and my job. So I really need to get up earlier.

My husband has been encouraging me to continue with this and I’m rewarded with God’s presence every day as I read Joni’s devotional book and reflect on the bible verses. Yet somehow during the day I still get pangs of discouragement seemingly from out of nowhere. I need to remember that these are not my own thoughts; they come from the enemy of God. If the devil can disable me from doing what God wants me to do then he wins. But I don’t want him to win at all, not even the smallest victory in my life.

So, if you’re reading this, could you please say a prayer for me and/or leave me an encouraging comment today?

Lord, thank you for saving me in big and small ways every day. Give me a stronger faith in you and help me to use your word to fight off the darkness. For yours is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna