Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hand-Tailored Grace (#11 of 365+)

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..." (Jeremiah 1:5)

"As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one
another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." (1 Peter 4:10)

As these two verses explain, and as Joni taught in today's devotional, God made me (and you) "unique" and "he relates to you as an individual". It would be completely useless for me to present a canned (memorized, pre-packaged) version of the gospel to a lost person, even if I felt more confident telling it that way. I must get to know that person past the superficial so I can understand his/her thoughts and feelings. And then I must speak about my own personal experience and let the Spirit lead me from there.

Father, you intimately know the desires of my heart and you alone can fulfill my deepest need. Today, help me to slow down and pay close attention to the needs of people around me. Speak through me with your healing words. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna