Thursday, September 9, 2010

Facts of Life… and of Death (#348 of 365+)

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23)

The Lord has placed a heavy burden on my heart today. I’m thinking of a
young lady I know who doesn’t believe in Jesus. Even though I like her very much, she’s confided in me, and we’ve had a few laughs… her soul is lost. There’s nothing but doom waiting for her at the end of her life if she continues down the path of unbelief. The fact that she’s young doesn’t make me feel any better. I don’t want to get lulled into a false sense of security because I think she has plenty of time to accept Christ—or that I have plenty of time to personally share and explain the gospel with her. There are no guarantees about this life except what Joni said: “We are all heading for the grave, some of us sooner than others.”

Lord, I feel a sense of urgency I can’t ignore. By your Spirit’s power and with your words help me to communicate your love to lost souls. Prepare hearts to receive the gospel. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna