Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ripe for Glory (#323 of 365+)

“Our time on earth is brief; the number of our days is already decided by you” (Job 14:5 CEV)

Joni said if I’m still “moving and breathing” then the Lord must have a reason
for not taking me home to glory by now. His ways are higher than mine and I’ll never be able to figure out his plans for me. Even though I won’t know exactly when I’m going to die or when he’ll return for the Church I do know one thing: Like a banana or another type of fruit needs time to ripen on the vine or on the branch of a tree, there’s also a perfect moment for God to pluck me from this world. It could happen this week or maybe it won’t happen for another sixty years. Whenever he decides the time is “ripe” for me is when he’ll take me home. In the meanwhile I’ll just have to submit to the ripening process of time, trials, joys and sorrows with the help of the Word and the Holy Spirit.

Just like the old hymn says: The longer I know my Lord—every day that passes becomes “sweeter than the day before.”

Father God, thank you for your eternal patience and for waiting for the maturity of time to pass before revealing the fullness of your glory. Help me to be ready for every day’s challenges. May I make choices and do things that make your heart happy and proud. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna