Sunday, August 8, 2010

He Leadeth Me (#316 of 365+)

“Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies—make straight your way before me” (Psalm 5:8)

The phrase “though Satan should buffet” just came to my mind. It’s from the
hymn It Is Well With My Soul:

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

Though the World tells me lies dressed up to look like the truth. Though the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Though God’s enemies plot ways to destroy my testimony. I shouldn’t let those things knock me off course. Jesus Christ went ahead of me and prepared the way. He took up the cross. He bore my sin and died. By the power of the Holy Spirit he rose from the grave on the third day. Because of his victory over sin and death I, too, can victorious. Every morning I need to remember he has already gone ahead and lovingly and sacrificially prepared the way for me. I should always submit to his wisdom and authority before taking that first step out the door.

“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it’” (Isaiah 30:21)

“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me” (John 10:27)

“He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake” (Psalm 23:2-3)

Lord, hold my hand, speak to me, and lead the way. I want to be that close to you today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna