Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Lord Your Helper (#290 of 365+)

“Jesus left the synagogue and went to the home of Simon. Now Simon’s mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever, and they asked Jesus to help her” (Luke 4:38)


Simon Peter’s family took a simple, straight-forward approach with Jesus. They asked him to help. As Joni said, “No fanfare, no digging deep into the matter, no extended discussions and wondering if it was the will of God or not. Jesus was under their roof, and they knew he had the power to help…”

I don’t always know how to pray for others. I might not know the details of their specific situation, or I might not even know there’s a situation to begin with. But the Lord knows everything. I don’t know if the Lord will say “yes,” “no,” or “wait” to my request for healing or blessing in a person’s life. But I do know that he is omnipresent and omnipotent, so that means he is already present in their situation and he has the power to do anything! My prayers never have to be anything more than a simple, sincere, and direct: “Lord, help ____.”

“He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword” (Deuteronomy 33:29)

Abba, Father, shower your help and hope on friends and family members who are on my mind today. You know every need. May your will be done. Give us all the faith and strength we lack today. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna