Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dad Huffman (#278 of 365+)

“But my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign LORD; in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death” (Psalm 141:8)

Joni’s secretary did a very thoughtful thing for her father. When “Dad
Huffman” was in the hospital and on a respirator, he was forced to lie in one position for a long period of time. It was uncomfortable and the experience only increased his level of anxiety. So she posted scripture verses all around the room in plain view. Everywhere he looked, he was repeatedly reminded of God’s presence, love, and sovereignty. The hospital staff watched in amazement as Dad Huffman’s anxiety dissipated.

“Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame” (Isaiah 50:7)

Lord, help me to face forward and fix my eyes on you today. Bring Bible verses to mind when I need them. I know you will place people and situations in my path for reasons I may not understand right now. May I be prepared and faithful to you in everything. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna