Thursday, March 18, 2010

God Bless You (#173 of 365+)

“Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers” (Psalm 1:1)


Joni pointed out that, from the very beginning, the Bible is chock full of examples of how God blessed people. We didn’t do anything to deserve his favor and we often made a royal mess of things afterwards but he still chose to bless us out of the goodness of his heart.

I was still a sinner, I had nothing to offer, I didn’t even know I needed him yet… but he still gave me everything.

He continues to give me an everlasting supply of his grace to help in my times of need. When I seek his will during my daily devotional the Spirit meets me where I am and helps me to move forward into the day.

My God loves to bless and he loves to give. He is a giver.

“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” (1 John 3:1)

Lord, thank you for adopting me, calling me your child, and giving me an inheritance that will never fade away. Help me to bless someone else by doing something that comes from a heart of gratitude towards you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna