Sunday, November 29, 2009

Finishing Well (#64 of 365+)

“For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith... Do your best to
come to me quickly, for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me” (2 Timothy 4:6-7, 9-11)

Paul was in jail again. This time, there was no miraculous escape. He was beginning to feel old. Winter was coming. He was battling sickness. Most of his friends had deserted him. Yet he didn’t let it keep him down; he hung on ever more tightly to his Savior. As Joni said, “Sometimes you sense the miracle in your life, other times life seems very ordinary... Commit to God to fight the good fight… finish the race… keep the faith.”

Lord, give me the courage to continue fighting so I can finish this life without having any regrets. May I be always believe in you and never lose hope. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An encouragement, a simple prayer, or a pithy observation... I would appreciate hearing from you. May God richly bless your day! ~Joanna